Matchday Recap: Abraham double downs Blues despite late Sears rocket
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-1 at Aston Villa this afternoon.
The Blues are seven points adrift at the bottom of the Championship with time rapidly running out as they look for the spark they need in their battle to retain their Championship status.
Lambert has brought in six new signings this month with the former Villa boss, in charge in the second city from 2012-15, hoping they are able to click soon.
“We brought in lads who have not had a lot of game-time,” said Lambert. “You haven’t seen the best of them yet, it’s an impossibility. I think the only one who has played a few games is Judge (seven starts for Brentford).
“It will take a few weeks. Your body detrains in three weeks. Slowly but surely they will get better. It’s going to be another few weeks before they can hit the heights of where they can get to.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to short-term fix a lot of stuff. That’s critical. We have to try and get through this season and next season we see what happens.”
- 1 Red Arrows to soar over west Suffolk skies this morning
- 2 Teenager dies after fall from Ipswich bridge
- 3 Toy poodle named Jet reunited with family after going missing in the snow
- 4 Police name woman, 33, killed in A1071 crash tragedy
- 5 Man being treated for serious injuries at scene of Ipswich incident
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Town 'show interest' in Scunthorpe winger
- 7 Dachshunds and bulldogs being advertised for sale in Suffolk by puppy smugglers
- 8 New deli/cafe set for Suffolk market town
- 9 Brown's stint lasts just 25 days as Colchester United change manager again
- 10 Police investigating after trees cut down 'without consent'