At least a month between Colchester United home games
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United’s first team will next be in action on home turf on Tuesday, February 7, when play-off rivals Wycombe Wanderers visit the Community Stadium for a rearranged League Two fixture, although that too might have to be rescheduled.
The original date of Saturday, January 28 for the match has had to be rescheduled, due to Wycombe’s continued involvement in the FA Cup.
And if the Chairboys draw their FA Cup fourth round tie with Premier League high-flyers Tottenham, then a replay will be required for that week, so requiring another date for their trip to the U’s.
Furthermore, if the Buckinghamshire club beat Mansfield Town in their next Checkatrade Trophy fixture, then once again a new date will be needed.
Either way, it will be at least a month between home games for the U’s, who last played in front of their home fans on Saturday, January 7, with a superb 4-1 win over Carlisle.
You may also want to watch:
They are on the road again this Saturday, at 10th-placed Exeter City, before enjoying a blank weekend and then a trip to Blackpool on Saturday, February 4.
- 1 Matchday Live: Zaha puts Palace ahead from the spot
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life