Award-winning Tom Eastman has a bright future
TOM Eastman scooped two trophies at Colchester United’s player-of-the-season awards night, and they are likely to be the first of many.
Eastman took the brave decision to reject the offer of a six-month extension to his contract at Ipswich Town, a club he had been associated with since the age of nine, to build a career at League One neighbours Colchester from last summer.
And the move has worked a treat.
Eastman was named the U’s young-player-of-the-season, after receiving a whopping 84% of the votes, and was also crowned the Colchester United Supporters’ Association’s away player-of-the-season.
The 20-year-old had warmed up for these awards by scoring twice in the U’s last three games, the first two goals of his career, in the 4-1 defeat at Bury and last weekend’s 1-1 draw at Bournemouth.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had a good run in the side recently, the defence has been pretty solid, and I hopefully I can now push on next season,” said Eastman.
“I think I’m now capable of playing a full season next year. That’s what I would love to do.”
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player