Awards to Histon and Chelmsford players
HISTON defender Lanre Oyebanjo has won the Blue Square Premier "Player of the Month" award for October.The versatile defender, signed from Brentford in the summer, has wasted no time in making an impact at The Glass World Stadium.
HISTON defender Lanre Oyebanjo has won the Blue Square Premier "Player of the Month" award for October.
The versatile defender, signed from Brentford in the summer, has wasted no time in making an impact at The Glass World Stadium. Oyebanjo has been at the heart of a defence which went through the whole of the month without conceding a single league goal.
The Stutes recorded excellent victories at home to Salisbury and league leaders Crawley, as well as a hard fought victory at Ebbsfleet in front of the TV cameras. Setanta's Paul Parker, who won most of his England caps in Oyenbanjo's favoured right-back position said “Lanre has lots of potential. “He's tenacious, has plenty of energy and is not afraid to get stuck in.”
Histon find themselves in the Blue Square Premier play-off positions following their superb run.
You may also want to watch:
In the Blue Square South the award goes to Dave Rainford of Chelmsford City. The former Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder found the net five times during the period as his side maintained their table-topping form. Rainford began the month with a hat-trick against Eastleigh and followed up by scoring the only goals in 1-0 away victories at Dorchester and Fisher.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'