Back the Blues: Your support could make a difference as Ipswich Town push for promotion
This newspaper is calling upon the people of Suffolk and Essex to ‘Back the Blues’ in their promotion push. Editor Terry Hunt explains why.
Ipswich Town’s last two games of the season are absolutely massive as they bid to reach the Championship play-offs for the first time in a decade.
The Blues are within touching distance of making the top six, which would give them a tilt at the play-offs and, of course, the chance of reaching the glamorous, cash-filled world of the Premier League.
We, the fans, can play a huge part, starting with packing Portman Road on Saturday for the visit of Nottingham Forest. Let’s turn the stadium into a blue and white cauldron and cheer the boys on to a precious victory. Who knows, if other results go our way, we could be guaranteed a play-off spot by 5pm on Saturday!
A huge crowd, and loads of noise, will make a difference. It’s vital that we all stay right behind the team for every single one of the 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
We, as a local newspaper, are backing the Blues in their Premier League quest – and we need you to do the same!
Mick McCarthy’s men may not be the most talented in the division, but the work rate, togetherness and attitude they have consistently shown in an Ipswich Town shirt is something to be immensely proud of.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
Whether you’re a lifelong Town fan like myself or someone with a passing interest, get yourself down to Portman Road on Saturday if you can and give the boys in blue the support they deserve.
A Premier League football team, as I’ve said before, would benefit the whole town and area.