Baggies attacker Roofe signs for Colchester United
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United have this afternoon completed the loan signing of striker Kemar Roofe, from Premier League club West Brom.
The U’s have snapped up 21-year-old Roofe on a one-month loan deal.
And he is eligible to play in the U’s FA Cup first round tie at non-league Gosport Borough this Sunday.
Manager Tony Humes said: “Drey Wright is out of action now, so it was important to maintain our options up front.
“Kemar fits into our way of playing and can play all across the front.
You may also want to watch:
“He has pace, an attribute that always causes problems for defenders,” added Humes.
Walsall-born Roofe, who graduated from the West Brom Academy, is yet to make a first team appearance for the Baggies.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
However, he has had three loan spells, at Icelandic club Vikingur Reykjavik, Northampton Town (2012) and Cheltenham Town (last season).