Barker and King to the max as Devils are thrashed at Foxhall
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches 61 Plymouth Devils 29
Ipswich Witches made it four straight Premier League wins at Foxhall with a stunning victory over Plymouth Devils at Foxhall Stadium.
On a track made heavy by afternoon showers, the home side attacked their own circuit with relish and were worthy winners.
Time after time the Witches gated to the front and on the occasions they didn’t, they were brave enough to go round the boards to seek victory.
For the home fans this was a treat as Ipswich made sure their play-off hopes remain alive.
You may also want to watch:
Incredibly the Witches won all 15 heats with skipper and British Champion Danny King stretching his run of unbeaten heats at Foxhall to 18, as he scorched to a 12-point maximum.
Ben Barker was another who went through the meeting unbeaten with a great display of racing the outside line.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
But this was a complete team effort, with the only downside on the night was a nasty heat four crash involving Danyon Hume, who cart wheeled into the fence, damaging ribs in the process and pulling out of the meeting.
The Witches now have away meetings to tackle in August, but if they can gain an away victory or two, their top-six hopes could still very much be on.
Meanwhile, Mildenhall Fen Tigers youngster Connor Mountain faces a long lay-off after breaking his back at Wolverhampton on Wednesday night.
Mountain, who had enjoyed a couple of fine performances for the Witches, crashed in heat three of the National Legue meeting.
Ipswich: D King 12, J Sarjeant 6+1, N Covatti 10, M Risager 10+2, B Barker 14+1, J Jacobs 8+1, D Hume 1.
Plymouth: R Tungate 9, R/R, K Newman 8+1, T Kurtz 0, J Holder 3, L Lanham 3+1, E Perks 6+2
1 King, Tungate, Lanham, Sarjeant 57.1 3-3
2 Jacobs, Perks, Hume, Lanham 62.0 7-5
3 Covatti, Risager, Newman, Kurtz 60.8 12-6
4 Barker, Holder, Perks, Jacobs 59.8 15-9
5 Risager, Tungte, Covatti, Lanham 60.0 19-11
6 King, Sarjeant, Holder, Lanham 59.9 24-12
7 Barker, Newman, Jacobs, Kurtz 60.3 28-14
8 Sarjeant, Lanham, Jacobs, Newman* (f) 60.7 32-16
9 Covatti, Risager, Perks, Holder 60.8 37-17
10 King, Newman, Sarjeant, Kurtz 59.9 41-19
11 Barker, Tungate, Perks, Jacobs (f) no time 44-22
12 Covatti, Newman, Jacobs, Lanham 60.5 48-24
13 King, Barker, Tungate, Perks 60.4 53-25
14 Risager, Jacobs, Perks, Kurtz 60.7 58-26
15 Barker, Tungate, Newman, Risager 58.9 61-29
*tac ride points count double
Ipswich 3 pts. Plymouth 0 pts.
Glasgow 16 32
Peterborough 14 29
Somerset 9 28
Sheffield 13 27
Berwick 17 24
Edinburgh 13 23
Ipswich 15 21
Rye House 12 18
Workington 11 17
Newcastle 9 16
Plymouth 16 16
Redcar 14 13
Scunthorpe 13 12