Barker top scores on his return to Witches but can’t stop them losing
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches 44 Glasgow Tigers 46
Ben Barker’s return to Foxhall ended in defeat for Ipswich Witches in an exciting clash with high-flying Glasgow Tigers.
The former Witches No.1 may have top-scored for his side on his first match back in home colours, but it was another former Witch, Richie Worrall who stole the show - and the points for the visitors.
Worrall netted 17 points, winning a last-heat decider as Glasgow came from four points down with four heats to go, to grab a narrow 46-44 victory.
It was gripping stuff throughout, but another defeat for the Witches is no good for the home promotion as they try desperately to get their charges up the league table.
You may also want to watch:
There is no lack of effort from this Witches team, but they keep falling short, rarely getting off to a flying start as they should on their own track.
It leaves plenty for the Witches still to do as they travel to Edinburgh tonight where they badly need a point or two.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
Edinburgh: Sam Masters, Erik Riss, Kevin Wolbert, Mark Riss, Ryan Fisher, Max Clegg, Dan Bewley.
Ipswich: Danny King, James Sarjeant, Nico Covatti, Morten Risager, Ben Barker, Paco Castagna, Oliver Greenwood
1 Lawson, Sarjeant, King, Ayres 58.0 3-3
2 Ayres, Garcia, Greenwood, Castagna 59.8 4-8
3 Covatti, Worrall, Risager, Bach 58.1 8-10
4 Barker, Summers, Ayres, Greenwood 58.0 11-13
5 Lawson, Risager, Covatti, Garcia 58.6 14-16
6 King, Sarjeant, Summers, Ayres 57.8 19-17
7 Worrall, Barker, Bach, Castagna 58.5 21-21
8 Worrall, Castagna, Greenwood, Garcia (f/x) 58.6 24-24
9 Covatti, Risager, Summers, Ayres (f/x) 58.5 29-25
10 Worrall, King, Bach, Sarjeant 58.5 31-29
11 Barker, Lawson, Castagna, Ayres 58.8 35-31
12 Worrall, Covatti, Garica, Castagna (e/f) 58.4 37-35
13 Lawson, Barker, Summers, King 58.8 39-39
14 Bach, Risager, Castagna, Ayres 58.5 42-42
15 Worrall, King, Lawson, Barker 58.4 44-46
Ipswich 0 pts. Glasgow 3 pts.
Ipswich: D King 8+1, J Sarjeant 4+1, N Covatti 9+1, M Risager 7+1, B Barker 10, P Castagna 4+1, O Greenwood 2+1
Glasgow: R Lawson 12, R/R, R Worrall 17, R Bach 5, A Summers 5, F Garcia 3+1, D Ayres 4+1.