Barnes Hounslow and Ealing 3 Harleston 2
Division OneBarnes Hounslow and Ealing 3 Harleston Magpies 2Harleston Magpies were unfortunate not to have collected a point in their final league game, defeat meaning they finally finished in fifth place in the division.
Barnes Hounslow and Ealing 3 Harleston Magpies 2
Harleston Magpies were unfortunate not to have collected a point in their final league game, defeat meaning they finally finished in fifth place in the division.
Magpies had much the better of the first half on a very difficult surface, with Barnes unable to handle the visiting forwards of Jess Bloom, Anna Truman and Angie Wheelhouse. Bloom deservedly gave Magpies the lead in the first half and only poor finishing stopped them commanding a greater lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Barnes improved considerably in the second half as they started to control the midfield, eventually levelling the scores at 1-1. Barnes quickly added a second goal in dubious circumstances when Magpies felt they should have been awarded a free hit. This turned the game and Barnes quickly added a third.
Magpies responded positively as they pressed hard to get back into the game. With ten minutes to go Hannah Coulson's free hit was deflected by Angie Wheelhouse into the roof of the net for a terrific goal. Unfortunately for the Magpies though time ran out as they went for the equaliser.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening