Prosser praises young keeper Barnes
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Club captain, Luke Prosser, has praised young keeper Dillon Barnes for his performances at the start of this season, following his promotion to the No. 1 berth after Sam Walker’s summer move to Reading.
Centre-half Prosser, who has helped to mastermind three clean-sheets in the first four league matches, recognises that Barnes will make the odd mistake this term, but that the 22-year-old ex-Fulham trainee has acquitted himself well.
“Dillon has not had that many saves to make, which is a credit to the whole team, not just the defence,” explained Prosser.
“Dillon will make mistakes during the season, as we all will.
“It’s a big step up for him, having been Sam Walker’s understudy for so long.
You may also want to watch:
“But he’s done really well in the last four or five games, which is a credit to him.”
Enfield-born Barnes had only made two league appearances before this season, both of them at the end of last term, for the home game against Swindon and the trip to Exeter. He has only conceded two goals in his first six league outings.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic