Matchday Recap: Blues win third pre-season clash at The Hive
Ipswich Town are in pre-season action this afternoon as they travel to The Hive to take on Barnet (3pm).
The clash with National League side Barnet will be the first time Bartosz Bialkowski has appeared for the Blues since putting pen-to-paper on a new contract, keeping him at the club until at least the summer of 2021.
He is likely to split playing time with back-up goalkeeper Dean Gerken, who has performed well in his two pre-season outings to date, while MaMartyn Martyn Waghorn is also in the squad despite being linked with a move away from Portman Road this summer.
Joe Garner has yet to be involved during pre-season as he battles with a knee injury and is unlikely to play against Barnet, while Tom Adeyemi was due to return to training on Thursday having struggled with an Achilles problem.
Midfielders Emyr Huws and Teddy Bishop are both likely to be absent once again as they are nursed back to full fitness following knee and hamstring problems, with a target of them playing at the tail-end of pre-season, while Jonas Knudsen is due to return to the club next week following his participation at the World Cup with Denmark.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow all the action live with us this afternoon.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook