Barnsley v Ipswich Town: Nostalgia: Keith Andrews eases pressure on Jewell as Blues hit five
- Credit: Archant
Over the course of this season, we will be profiling an Ipswich Town game from the past, against this afternoon’s opponents. This week, we look at the Blues’ 5-3 victory at Barnsley in December 2011.
The Blues looked dead and buried at half-time, trailing 2-0, to goals from Craig Davies and Ricardo Vaz Te.
However, loan star Keith Andrews netted twice within four minutes of the restart, much to the delight of the visiting fans and those watching at home on TV.
Danny Collins, Michael Chopra and Jason Scotland then added to the tally, before Davies scored a wonderful free-kick consolation for the Tykes.
“Football is a results game and, when you don’t get them, there is pressure,” said Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hard to tell whether the manager’s job is on the line, but when you are not getting results, your job is up for grabs. This was a big three points for us, and things have changed.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans