Bates injury blow
ON-LOAN defender Matt Bates could be out for the rest of the year after damaging medial ligaments in Ipswich Town's 1-0 loss at Barnsley on Saturday.Bates is set to return to Middlesbrough if scans confirm an initial diagnosis and it will be a second crushing blow for Jim Magilton.
By Derek Davis
ON-LOAN defender Matt Bates could be out for the rest of the year after damaging medial ligaments in Ipswich Town's 1-0 loss at Barnsley on Saturday.
Bates is set to return to Middlesbrough if scans confirm an initial diagnosis and it will be a second crushing blow for Jim Magilton.
Bates needed treatment in the first half but after collapsing in the area during the second half was stretchered off in agony in just his second game for Town.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton lost on-loan keeper Mike Pollitt after just one game when he was recalled by Wigan boss Paul Jewell last week.
Injuries and suspensions could haunt the Blues as they look to improve on their bottom half of the table position.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
The Blues' indiscipline is starting to bite, with Sylvain Legwinski banned for the trip to Derby on Wednesday and Dan Harding missing the match at home to Burnley on Saturday after picking up his fifth booking of the season in the loss at Barnsley.
Liverpool are the latest club to be linked with a move for teenage striker Billy Clarke. Last month Mersey rivals Everton were linked with Clarke, who is currently struggling with a knee injury.
Ipswich Town's Under-18s will play Yeovil at Huish Park on Tuesday, December 5 in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.