Batth time is over
Colchester United’s loanee defender Danny Batth has been recalled by parent club Wolverhampton Wanderers.
LOANEE defender Danny Batth has been recalled by parent club Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The 19-year-old – who has played 18 times for the U’s this season – headed back to the Midlands at the request of manager Mick McCarthy.
Wolves have secured their Premier League status for another season, while Colchester can no longer make the League One play-offs.
McCarthy has also recalled defender Scott Malone from his loan spell at Southend United.
“We have really enjoyed having Danny at the club,” said U’s boss Aidy Boothroyd, who recently admitted he would like to keep the powerful centre-back at the club next season.
““He has benefited from playing first team football in front of good sized crowds and has developed as a player during his time here.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 8 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 9 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
“We have spoken regularly to Mick McCarthy during his time here and they are pleased with what he has done whilst out on loan and will go back better for it.
“Danny has been great to have around the place and there is no doubt he will become a fine footballer in the future.”