Battling U's back up to third
COLCHESTER United moved back to third place in the table thanks to Kayode Odejayi's first half winner last night.
COLCHESTER United moved back to third place in the table thanks to Kayode Odejayi's first half winner.
Playing on a heavy Huish Park pitch - the venue where the U's memorably secured to the Championship on the final day of the 2005/6 season - this was by no means a classic.
However, Odejayi's fine 38th minute drive proved enough to send Yeovil to only their fourth home league defeat of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Following Charlton's defeat at Bristol Rovers the previous night, the win lifts Colchester back up to third in the table.
And - with Leeds suffering a shock home defeat to Walsall last night - the U's are now just three points off the automatic promotion places.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial