Bayern want Celtic keeper Boruc for �7m
BAYERN Munich are weighing up a cut-price �7million swoop for Artur Boruc after the Celtic keeper was named on a leaked summer shortlist. (Daily Record)Reports in Germany claim the 29-year-old keeper has again been earmarked as a potential reinforcement for the Bundesliga giants.
BAYERN Munich are weighing up a cut-price �7million swoop for Artur Boruc after the Celtic keeper was named on a leaked summer shortlist. (Daily Record)
Reports in Germany claim the 29-year-old keeper has again been earmarked as a potential reinforcement for the Bundesliga giants.
Boruc was linked with a �15m switch to Bayern last year in the wake of his Euro 2008 heroics for Poland. But the Munich outfit now believe a reduced fee of around �7m will be enough to entice Celtic to do business.
Bayern are in the midst of a goalkeeping crisis after horror displays by their first and second-choice shotstoppers ended their European campaign and left their title chances in doubt.
You may also want to watch:
No.1 Michael Rensing let in five goals when the Bavarian club were mauled 5-1 in a top-of-the-table clash at Wolfsburg on April 4.
He was then dropped for veteran Hans-Jorg Butt, who shipped another four against Barcelona four days later when his side were jettisoned out of the Champions League.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 7 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
Under-pressure Bayern boss Jurgen Klinsmann has hinted his main priority this summer will be to sign a top keeper.
And the German media claim Boruc, Gianluigi Buffon, of Juventus, Fiorentina's Sebastian Frey and Germany No.1 Rene Adler, of Leverkusen, are all being considered.
Klinsmann said: “We will resolve the goalkeeping issue in the summer. But we are not putting a strict time limit on it. In football, nothing is impossible and after the season is over we will have time to make the best decision.”