‘It’s great for the club’ - Folami an exciting prospect for Blues
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Martyn Waghorn believes Ipswich Town fans should be excited by young striker Ben Folami.
The young Australian came off the bench at half-time in the Blues’ 2-2 draw with Millwall and added a spark up front as he showed good movement, neat touches and an eye for goal.
He helped lay on Waghorn’s first goal in the Portman Road clash, with the Blues’ leading scorer impressed by what he’s seen.
“He was fantastic when he came on and showed great attitude and character in the second half,” Waghorn said.
“He ran, shouted for the ball and took it off us which shows he’s got a bit of character about him. I love all that because, as a striker, you need to make yourself known and get yourself in the game – which he did fantastically well.
You may also want to watch:
“In training he shows bits and bobs and it’s hard at times when you don’t get the games, but he’s come on and done fantastically well which is great for the club.”
Sydney-sider Folami joined the Blues academy in 2015 and made his professional debut in the Carabao Cup clash with Crystal Palace in August.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'