‘It’s down to me to impress the gaffer and take my chance’ - Folami keen for Ipswich first-team return
- Credit: Archant
Striker Ben Folami is looking to push his way back into first-team contention after making his comeback from injury this week.
The 20-year-old Australian has been sidelined for eight months after undergoing Achilles surgery at the start of the year but played an hour for the Under 23s against Nottingham Forest on Monday night.
Folami made four senior appearances in 2018 after being given his break by Mick McCarthy and is now after more.
"I didn't expect to play that long because I didn't think I'd last that long to be honest," Folami told the club website.
"I got through it with no problems and I'm really pleased. Touch wood that will be it for injuries for a while.
You may also want to watch:
"There has been no reaction to playing on Monday and I'm all good to go now.
"I've obviously got to build my fitness levels up; look to get my sharpness back and then push on from there.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
"It was great to be involved in the first-team back then and obviously I want to get back to that level. It's down to me to impress the gaffer and take my chance if it comes along."