Striker Folami targets first team spot after signing first pro deal at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Young striker Ben Folami is targeting a first team place after he signed his first professional contract at Ipswich Town, inking a three-year contract.
The 18-year-old progressed through the academy ranks to make his breakthrough in the first team over the closing stages of the season.
He made his first Championship start in the 4-0 win at Reading, to add to three substitute appearances for the Blues during the league campaign.
“It’s great to get the contract sorted and I’m looking forward to hopefully an exciting three years at Ipswich,” Folami told iFollow Ipswich.
“Things have moved on for me very quickly over the last month and now I have to build on that.
- MORE: Hyam leaves Town after 15 years
“I have had a taste of the first-team now and my target for next season is to be involved at that level as regularly long as possible.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow