Transfer rumour: Ipswich Town linked with move for Norwich winger Marshall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town have been linked with a loan move for Norwich City midfielder Ben Marshall.
The 27-year-old moved to Carrow Road in the summer from Wolves, following a loan at Millwall but has struggled to make an impact at Carrow Road, making just five appearances for the Canaries.
All of those came in August, with the wide midfielder an unused substitute during the 2-2 draw at Bristol City yesterday.
He previously worked under Ipswich boss Paul Lambert at Blackburn, before the Scot signed him for Wolves for £1.2million in January 2017.
The Sun are reporting that Ipswich are interested in a loan swoop for the midfielder, who can also play at full-back. while Millwall are also said to be keen on bringing Marshall back to The Den.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich were previously interested in Marshall during his time at Blackburn.
Blues boss Lambert has repeatedly stressed the need for a ‘little help’ in January, with the former Canaries chief looking to strengthen in a number of positions.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
“I know what’s going on, I spoke to Marcus the other day, he was in here the other day,” the Blues boss said this week.
“We know exactly where we’re going, what we’re trying to do, which is great. Things are ongoing.”