Morris returning to Ipswich after Forest Green loan is ended early
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Striker Ben Morris is returning to Ipswich Town after his season-long loan at Forest Green Rovers was cut short.
The teenage striker, who made his Blues debut towards the end of last season, has made five starts and three substitute appearances for the League Two side, scoring once.
He has struggled for consistent game time during much of his loan and, while he has been in the Mark Cooper’s matchday 18 on a regular basis, has not featured for the first team since the start of December.
We understand he will now return to Portman Road, with Forest Green opting to end the arrangement early.
It remains to be seen whether Blues boss Paul Lambert will use him in his first team squad or allow him to develop in the Blues’ Under 23 set-up.
You may also want to watch:
Given he appeared for the Blues in their opening day draw with Blackburn, he would not be able to go out on loan again due to rules restricting players to appearing for only two clubs in a single season.
He is ineligible for this weekend’s FA Cup visit to Accrington, given he played for Forest Green in their 3-0 first-round defeat by Oxford United in November.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
Morris signed a new deal at Portman Road prior to Christmas, keeping him with the Blues until at least the summer of 2021.
“I’m really happy to have the contract sorted,” Morris said.
“This club means a lot to me and I’m looking forward to getting back here and playing some football.
“I had a slow start with Forest Green but my loan spell there has been improving.
“Hopefully I can get some more games under my belt and add a few goals because I’ve been learning a lot during my time with them.”
Luke Woolfenden and Josh Emmanuel are now the only two Ipswich players out on loan, at Swindon and Shrewsbury respectively, after Tristan Nydam returned from his loan deal at St Johnstone.