Bender and Hamilton sign for Chelmsford
THE Colchester United duo of Tom Bender and Bradley Hamilton have both signed for Chelmsford City, on loan deals.
Both have signed in time to feature in Chelmsford’s big FA Cup second round tie at Crawley Town tomorrow.
And both have signed on loan with a view to a permanent move to the Blue Square South club.
Hamilton, a defender or central midfielder, made his U’s debut as a late substitute in the last home game of last season, a 4-2 win over Tranmere Rovers.
But the 20-year-old has not featured this term,
Likewise, left-back Bender, 19, has played just once for the U’s first team, as a late substitute in a 2-0 home win over Hartlepool back in September, 2009, when he became the second youngest U’s player to make his senior debut.
Bender had a loan spell at Accrington Stanley last season, but has been troubled by injuries.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR