Benhall Badgers Under-nines are making great strides, led by their coach Dean and his team
- Credit: Archant
Benhall Badgers under-nines have only been together as a team for one season, but are already making great strides.
They are a mixed ability side, predominantly made up of boys, but with one girl too!
They train together once a week on a Monday evening with their coach Dean Barker and assistant coach Andy Bird. Tim Dunnet, one of the dads, helps too.
This season they have gone unbeaten all year, scoring 105 league goals and conceding just conceded 16.
Although the league they play in is officially non-competitive, the team have played with passion and commitment all year.
You may also want to watch:
They are all motivated by their coach (Dean) who lost his twin brother with whom he played football since childhood, and found his way back to the game through coaching his own twin boys in this under-nines side.
He gave a speech after a recent match and it genuinely felt like his brother was looking down on the young team.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock