Fine win for Benhall over Leiston St Margarets
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
SIL Senior Division Leiston St Margarets 0 Benhall St Mary 4 Benhall earned the bragging rights after a thumping 4-0 away win over near neighbours Leiston St Margarets.
‘The Badgers’ undid Saints in the first half of this game as they raced into a 3-0 lead.
Tom Mower and Tom Winter proved too powerful and quick on the break, with the latter slotting in from close range after 20 minutes.
Winter then turned provider soon after as his deep free-kick was nodded in, via the underside of the crossbar, by former Saints manager Chris Wright.
Another fierce Benhall counter attack saw Chris Sillett strike the bottom of the post, before Mower pounced on a loose ball in the box to make it 3-0 after 35 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Chances were at a premium in the second half, although Daniel Knights saw his powerful header excellently saved by Benhall keeper Darren Warner.
Shane Hambling rounded things off on a perfect afternoon for Benhall when he ran clear and provided a composed one-on-one finish.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns