Bent signing confirmed
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.
Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
The 23-year-old said: "Tottenham have a lot of young English players and it's a young squad, it's a squad going forward and that's the direction I wanted to take.
"They seem to be getting better and better every season and I would love to be part of that.
"It helps a lot that I know a few of the lads from England internationals and I'm sure they will help me settle in.
"It's exciting times for me and the club, hopefully I'll show what I can do at Tottenham and we'll go on to win things."
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled