Bent signing confirmed
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.
Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
The 23-year-old said: "Tottenham have a lot of young English players and it's a young squad, it's a squad going forward and that's the direction I wanted to take.
"They seem to be getting better and better every season and I would love to be part of that.
You may also want to watch:
"It helps a lot that I know a few of the lads from England internationals and I'm sure they will help me settle in.
"It's exciting times for me and the club, hopefully I'll show what I can do at Tottenham and we'll go on to win things."
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk