Celina set to return against Villa while young defender Smith could also make Portman Road bow
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Bersant Celina is back in the Ipswich Town squad to face Aston Villa this weekend while there could also be a Portman Road bow for young defender Chris Smith.
Celina missed the weekend loss at Nottingham Forest as he suffered with a virus but could return against Villa.
Gerard Nash, assisting caretaker Bryan Klug between now and the end of the season, revealed the Blues have no new injury problems heading into the weekend clash with Steve Bruce’s men.
“Bersant is fine and he’s available for selection,” Nash said.
“We will be the same more or less as last week and, as things stand, we’ve got no new injuries in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
There could also be a Championship debut for young defender Chris Smith, who was recalled from his loan spell with Chelmsford City last week.
“Yes, very much so,” Nash said, when asked if there were plans to give Smith minutes.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 10 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
“Chris has settled in well and couldn’t be any more local, he lives about 100 yards from the training ground.
“He’s settled in fine, he’s a good player and has been here a long time so, like a lot of young players you would like to give them an opportunity.
“Training at Playford Road is, more-or-less, all he’s ever known so a change of environment and seeing something different has been good for him.
“A lot of those loan moves for young players have worked very well and, in some the respects, the lower you go gives you a different experience than if you go to a league club.”