Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Bartosz Bialkowski looks likely to stay at Portman Road
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
The chances of star keeper Bartosz Bialkowski leaving Ipswich Town in this transfer window appear to have reduced after Getafe stopper Vicente Guaita passed a medical at Crystal Palace.
Bialkowski had been linked with a move to Roy Hodgson’s Palace this month, with the boss seeking a new number one.
The two-time Supporters Player of the Year is probably Town’s biggest saleable asset, but still has 18 months left on his contract and any move would be greeted with dismay by Town fans.
However, with Palace’s number one target Guaita reportedly passing a medical at the club today and set to join before the transfer window shuts next week, it appears that Bialkowski will be staying at Portman Road until at least the end of the season.
Indeed, boss Mick McCarthy said as much recently when quizzed about the interest in his keeper.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve not heard anything, he said. “Right at the start I spoke to Crystal Palace and they told me he was one of a number of goalkeepers on their list – we all do that, we all have a list of them.
“But I’ve never really seen his name really mentioned with it. I don’t think so.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Asked if he a price in mind that Town would sell at, the Blues boss replied: “I don’t have any figure in mind, no, and I expect him to be here at the end of the season.”