Bialkowski named in Poland’s provisional World Cup squad
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski has been named in Poland’s provisional 35-man squad for the World Cup in Russia this summer.
The 30-year-old is one of four goalkeepers on the long list, with one likely to be cut when the final 23-man squad is announced before June 4.
Wojciech Szczesny (Juventus) and Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea) look certs to be on the plane, with Bialkowski – who only recently earned his first senior cap with 45 minutes in a 1-0 friendly defeat to Nigeria – battling with Lukasz Skorupski (Roma) for the other place.
Skorupski made just once senior club appearance this season, while Bialkowski finally caught the eye of his national team boss following yet another remarkable campaign in the Championship.
The Braniewo-born custodian was recently named Supporters’ Player of the Year for the third season running and also scooped the Players’ Player of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Poland face Senegal (June 19), Colombia (June 24) and Japan (June 28) in Group H.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets