Big boost for Colchester United
Colchester United have received a boost, ahead of this weekend’s trip to Millwall, with the news that centre-half Tom Eastman is fighting fit.
Manager Tony Humes revealed at this lunchtime’s press conference, at Florence Park, Tiptree, that Eastman had trained this morning, despite limping off with a calf injury early in the second half of last Saturday’s 3-1 home defeat to Coventry.
“Tom trained this morning, and he’s feeling OK. It’s positive news,” said Humes.
“There are no problems with him. He’s played the majority of games this season, and every league game.
“We’re hoping he’s fit and, if so, he will play at Millwall,” added Humes.
You may also want to watch:
Eastman played every minute of every game last season, and has started every fixture this term, with the exception of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat to Northampton.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season