Big countdown to Essex derby
There’s just three days to go until Chelmsford City and Colchester United go head-to-head in the FA Cup, and both teams are bang in form.
While the U’s have won five of their seven league games under Joe Dunne, the Clarets have warmed up for the big Essex derby with back-to-back wins this week.
The U’s received a boost, with the news that their three loan players – Craig Eastmond, Sanchez Watt and Jabo Ibehre _ have been given clearance to play in the Cup by their respective clubs (Arsenal and MK Dons).
Meanwhile, down the A12, Chelmsford soared into second spot, in the Blue Square Bet South, with an eye-catching 2-0 win at Hornchurch last night.
So it’s all building up to a battle royal, at Melbourne Park on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s have already sold out their allocation of just over 1,000 tickets, and there are only a handful of tickets left for Clarets fans.
The FA Cup will be on show at Chelmsford City later this afternoon, from 4pm to 6pm, so fans can come along to the Clarets clubhouse to have their photo taken with the famous trophy.
- 1 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 4 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
And this evening, the FA Cup will be moving to Braintree Town’s Cressing Road for further photo opportunities from 7pm to 9pm, ahead of their televised cup tie against Tranmere Rovers on Sunday.