Big crowd expected at Bury Town
BURY Town take on Ipswich Town at Ram Meadow tonight (kick-off 7.45pm) expecting a crowd in the region of 2,000.The Ryman League, Division One North side take on their Suffolk Coca-Cola Championship rivals as part of the deal that took central defender Ian Miller to Portman Road 11 months ago.
By Elvin King
BURY Town take on Ipswich Town at Ram Meadow tonight (kick-off 7.45pm) expecting a crowd in the region of 2,000.
The Ryman League, Division One North side take on their Suffolk Coca-Cola Championship rivals as part of the deal that took central defender Ian Miller to Portman Road 11 months ago.
Miller, now 23, caught the eye of Town manager Jim Magilton in a pre-season match at Bury last summer.
You may also want to watch:
He showed up well against the pace of Danny Haynes and Billy Clarke, and was given a one-year contract at Portman Road.
Having made his Town debut against Plymouth in March, Miller has since signed an extended contract and been loaned out to Darlington until January to gain first-team experience.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
Ipswich have agreed to visit Ram Meadow for a pre-season match for the next five years.
“On and off the field this game is a fantastic opportunity for Bury to make an impression and we are really looking forward to it,” said Bury assistant manager Trevor Collins.
More than 1,500 tickets have been sold and Bury are hoping the crowd figure is close to the 2,500 ground capacity mark.
Bury, who consolidated their position in the Ryman League in their first season after moving up from the Ridgeons League, will be without Steve Bugg (honeymoon) and James Tatham (holiday) but fellow striker Ian Cambridge - signed from Histon - will play.