Big night for Walsham's youngsters
TONIGHT is a big night in the history of Walsham-le-Willows.Under the chairmanship of Michael Powles, the village club have continued their rapid rise up the football ladder from the Bury St Edmunds League to the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League.
TONIGHT is a big night in the history of Walsham-le-Willows.
Under the chairmanship of Michael Powles, the village club have continued their rapid rise up the football ladder from the Bury St Edmunds League to the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League.
And to prove what a well-balanced club Walsham are, their youngsters are a win away from possibly playing a Football League club in the FA Youth Cup.
You may also want to watch:
This evening Walsham are at home to Histon (kick-off 7.45pm) having beaten Ipswich Wanderers, Whitton and Lowestoft to get this far.
Most of the lads have been playing together since they were 11 years old, and victory tonight for Rob Francksen's side will take them into the first round proper.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
Witham are the only other Ridgeons League youth side left in the FA Youth Cup.