Big week ahead for Fen Tigers includes second staging of the ‘Fen Fours’
- Credit: Archant
It is a massive week for the ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers as they hold their Press & Practice day tomorrow morning (Wednesday, 11am), before the season gets underway with a high-class field contesting the second running of the ‘Fen Fours’.
The four sponsored teams look very closely matched on paper and the ‘Mighty Manchetts’ will be all out to retain the title they won last season.
The teams feature many ex-Fen Tigers alongside the 2017 team and the 20-heat spectacular starts at 3pm (gates open at 1.30pm, parade 2.45pm).
Assured Services: Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong, Ryan Kinsley & Sam Woods - TM Nigel Flatman.
You may also want to watch:
Browns Builders: Josh Bates, Danny Halsey, Chris Widman & Jordan Jenkins - TM Tony Davey.
Mighty Manchetts (current holders): Ben Morley, Nathan Stoneman, Danno Verge & Taylor Hampshire. - TM Mark Loram.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
D Palmer & Sons - Danny Ayres, Connor Mountain, Alfie Bowtell & Luke Ruddick - TM Robert Henry.
Meanwhile, after tomorrow morning’s annual Press & Practice at Mildenhall Stadium, there will be a practice session for the Fen Tigers starting around midday. Supporters are welcome to come along to watch and entrance is free via the usual turnstiles at the front of the stadium.
Club promoter Kevin Jolly senses that this could be a big season: “I have the same feeling I did when along with Chris Louis and Michael Lee we brought Mildenhall speedway back six seasons ago. It really is that positive and exciting,” enthused Jolly.
“Over the winter I feel we have put together a well balanced side with plenty of improvement in it.
“We have done incredibly well with sponsorship, purchased a new air fence for bends one and two and held some enjoyable and highly successful get-together evenings and fund raisers. It is hard to think how things could have been any better.
“Lee Chipchase has come on board as Commercial Manager and done a terrific job, for me he has been the final piece in the Mildenhall jigsaw.
“As well as Lee I have James Easter, Phil Kirk and Robert Henry supporting me and the five of us work really well together, all having the same vision.”