A big weekend ahead for the Mildenhall Fen Tigers
- Credit: Archant
The Mildenhall Fen Tigers are back on the road tomorrow as they head to Arlington Stadium to face the Eastbourne Eagles.
The Fen Tigers will be on second following the Eastbourne v Kent fixture and are pleased to be able to welcome back Luke Ruddick to the fold following a short period out with illness.
With problems continuing in the reserve berths – Danno Verge looking likely to miss the next couple of weeks at least – the Fen Tigers have called up Alex Spooner and William O’Keefe to cover these positions.
On Sunday the Isle of Wight are the visitors to Mildenhall Stadium for the Fen Tigers final main season TPNL fixture, a meeting that was called off back in June due to electrical problems in the West Row area.
Sam Woods will be back in the side for this meeting in one of the reserve berths with Alex Spooner continuing to cover for Danno Verge.
You may also want to watch:
Although sitting on the fringes of the play-offs, team boss Kevin Jolly is not ready to throw in the towel just yet.
He said: “I have been around speedway far to look to take anything for granted and whilst there are points to fight for we will keep on battling to the very end.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
“The spirit in the team this year has been excellent even in the most difficult times and this has helped us immeasurably in recent weeks.
“We got close to Eastbourne in our National Trophy tie at there track back in the spring so it no out of the question that going on second we can do the same again.
“Having Luke (Ruddick) back it a massive plus as we simply haven’t been able to cover his scoring potential with Rider Replacement and it will be pleasing to see Sam (Woods) back on the track on Sunday following a very difficult time for him and his family.”
Saturday at Eastbourne
Eastbourne: Josh Bailey, Matt Bates, Tom Brennan, Jamie Halder, Jake Knight, Charley Powell and R/R Georgie Wood
Fen Tigers: Jon Armstrong, Danny Halsey, Jordan Jenkins, Connor Mountain, William O’Keefe, Luke Ruddick and Alex Spooner
Sunday at Mildenhall
Fen Tigers: Jon Armstrong, Danny Halsey, Jordan Jenkins, Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick, Alex Spooner and Sam Woods
Isle of Wight: Scott Campos, James Cockle, Connor Coles, Adam Portwood, Jamie Sealey, Chris Widman and Ben Wilson