Billy Bird, Connor Vian and Fabio Wardley fights put on hold as Braintree show postponed
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Three of the region’s best young boxers will have to wait for their next fights after the show they were due to feature on in Braintree this weekend was postponed.
Sudbury’s Billy Bird, Colchester’s Connor Vian and Ipswich’s Fabio Wardley were all due to box on the show on Saturday, dubbed ‘Essex Fight Night’.
But injuries to fighters mean that the show will have to be re-arranged.
A statement said: “Unfortunately we have had to postponed our Essex show in Braintree. Injuries and other problems meant that we lost some of the top fights on the card which could not be replaced at this late stage.
“We have a reputation for putting on quality shows with bills full of competitive fights for our loyal fans and to offer any least would not be consistent with our ethos.
You may also want to watch:
“We are in the business of provide a good evening of entertainment to the fans and will not compromise on this so there was no alternative but to postpone the show until a future date.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family