Billy the hero for Town
Ipswich Town 2 Southampton 1BILLY Clarke came off the bench to head in the Blues winner as Town came from behind to beat former manager George Burley' Saints.
Ipswich Town 2 Southampton 1
BILLY Clarke came off the bench to head in the Blues winner as Town came from behind to beat former manager George Burley' Saints.
Kenwyne Jones put Southampton ahead after just two minutes and ten seconds and the Hampshire side could have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes but missed chances and a disallowed goal came back to haunt them.
Simon Walton equalised from the penalty spot after Pedro Pele fouled Alan Lee and Clarke crept in at the back post to nod in a Mark Noble free kick to give the Blues their first home win of the campiagn.
You may also want to watch:
Get this weekend's Green'Un and Monday's EADT and Evening Star for full story, quotes and pictures
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 7 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey