Birmingham City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz misses Championship clash at Ipswich Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Birmingham City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz will miss Saturday’s Championship clash at Ipswich Town, after picking up a calf injury during pre-season.
That means manager Harry Redknapp, who this week made an unsuccessful bid for Bristol City defensive duo Joe Bryan and Aden Flint, is down to just two fit strikers, Clayton Donaldson and Che Adams.
Jutkiewicz (28), scored 12 goals in 40 games for the Blues last season, as the St Andrew’s side narrowly avoided relegation from the second tier.
“Everybody (else) is pretty much fit. Jutkiewicz is not fit, Jutkiewicz has picked up a calf strain so he is going to be out for a few weeks,” said Redknapp.
“That is a blow because we only had three strikers – now we have got two. It’s not ideal.
You may also want to watch:
“Other than that we are not too bad, more of the squad are OK.”
He added: “We haven’t got anyone really that I can think of that can be ready to come and play. So we have just got the two we have got basically.”
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 9 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high