Matchday Live: Birmingham City v Ipswich Town - Jota’s penalty the difference Blues lose at St Andrew’s
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town are back in action after the international break, taking on Birmingham City at St Andrew’s (3pm).
The game is the first since new broke of manager Mick McCarthy’s pending departure, with the boss due to depart Portman Road after five-and-a-half years in charge.
The visit to Birmingham harks back to McCarthy’s first match in charge of Ipswich, which came at St Andrews back in November 2012.
McCarthy’s Ipswich were successful that day, winning 1-0 thanks to an early DJ Campbell goal, which proved to be the start of McCarthy’s side’s move out of relegation trouble.
This time around it is Garry Monks Birmingham who find themselves in trouble, sitting inside the relegation zone heading into the contest.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow all the action with us.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home