Bishop targets Exeter cup tie as comeback match
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Teddy Bishop is targeting the EFL Trophy last 16 fixture at Exeter City, on January 4, as his comeback match.
The 23-year-old has been sidelined with a medial knee ligament injury that he sustained during a pre-season match at German side Meppen in July.
He is back in first team training now and, along with Freddie Sears, warmed up on the pitch ahead of last weekend's 2-1 home defeat to Bristol Rovers.
"I've been training for a week and a half now. I feel really good. I've obviously done a lot of hard work in the gym," he told the club website.
"It's been a long four-ish months. I'm nearly ready to play in my eyes. That game on the fourth - Exeter - maybe I can be involved in that. That's my target.
You may also want to watch:
"It'd be a really good opportunity for me, maybe Freddie (Sears) - a few of us coming back from injury - to get a win. Hopefully we can play at Wembley this year."
Striker Sears (knee) has also recently returned from a nine-month absence, playing twice for the Under-23s. Young forwards Ben Folami and Ben Morris are also stepping up their returns to full fitness following long-term injuries of their own.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season