Bishop targets Exeter cup tie as comeback match
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Teddy Bishop is targeting the EFL Trophy last 16 fixture at Exeter City, on January 4, as his comeback match.
The 23-year-old has been sidelined with a medial knee ligament injury that he sustained during a pre-season match at German side Meppen in July.
He is back in first team training now and, along with Freddie Sears, warmed up on the pitch ahead of last weekend's 2-1 home defeat to Bristol Rovers.
"I've been training for a week and a half now. I feel really good. I've obviously done a lot of hard work in the gym," he told the club website.
"It's been a long four-ish months. I'm nearly ready to play in my eyes. That game on the fourth - Exeter - maybe I can be involved in that. That's my target.
You may also want to watch:
"It'd be a really good opportunity for me, maybe Freddie (Sears) - a few of us coming back from injury - to get a win. Hopefully we can play at Wembley this year."
Striker Sears (knee) has also recently returned from a nine-month absence, playing twice for the Under-23s. Young forwards Ben Folami and Ben Morris are also stepping up their returns to full fitness following long-term injuries of their own.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away