Blackbird leads Fen Tigers challenge
Mildenhall Fen Tigers head to Saddlebow Road to face the much vaunted Kings Lynn Young Stars on Wednesday evening,
Mildenhall Fen Tigers head to Saddlebow Road to face the much vaunted Kings Lynn Young Stars on Wednesday evening, hoping for the kind of performance that saw off fellow Play-Off chasers Coventry Storm last Friday.
There are three changes from Friday’s victorious line-up with current NL Pairs champion, Ex-Fen Tiger and Club Captain Lewis Blackbird stepping into Stefan Nielsen’s place whilst he continues to recover from injury. At reserve it is good news as Nathan Stoneman has declared himself fit and ready to race, and he is joined in the reserve berths by debutant fifteen year old Josh Bailey. A regular in the second halves at West Row Bailey is also competing in this year’s British U15 Championship finishing third in the first round at Leicester. He is also a regular in the Midland Development League with the Kings Lynn Lightning team.
Club Chairman Kevin Jolly is looking forward to tomorrow’s fixture - “Obviously Kings Lynn have strengthened considerably but we are really up for it and will go there with confidence and the right attitude. After all who would have thought that we would have got all four points at Coventry on Friday?
We will give Aaron (Baseby) a late fitness test on his hand injury as there is a doubt about him. But otherwise we are ready for the challenge. With Nathan (Stoneman) fit this is a big chance for him to stake a claim for one of the reserve berths. We are looking at a lot of riders for the reserve spots at the moment as we want to get a settled side as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
As always the lads will give 100%, and with our strong team spirit we will go there looking to get something out of this meeting”
Line-ups for Wednesday -
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Mildenhall ‘Fen Tigers’ - 1. Lewis Blackbird (G) 2. Aaron Baseby 3. Josh Bates 4. Jon Armstrong 5. Danny Halsey 6. Nathan Stoneman 7. Josh Bailey
Kings Lynn ‘Young Stars’ - 1. Steve Worrall 2. Lewis Rose R/R 3. Darren Mallett 4. Shane Waldron 5. Lewis Kerr 6. Shane Hazelden 7. Robert Lambert