Matchday Recap: Graham and Nuttall strike to beat the Blues
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-0 at Blackburn this afternoon.
Lambert spent six months in charge of Blackburn during the 2015/16 season, guiding them to a 15th place finish before activating a release clause in his contract.
“It was really short but I really enjoyed my time there,” he said.
“It’s a good club that maybe had lost its way a little bit in certain things and I’m looking forward to going back. I watched their game on Tuesday (4-2 home defeat to Newcastle, after extra-time, in an FA Cup third round replay) and they did well.
“It’s a tough game but hopefully it is for them as well. We have to go and do what we’ve been doing and try and win.”
You may also want to watch:
The Blues go into this game looking to back up their 1-0 victory over Rotherham last time out.
Follow it live with us here.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management