Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Bialkowski to Blackburn, with Nuttall in exchange, an ‘alternative’ swap deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town have an ‘alternative’ swap deal lined up for goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski – this one seeing him move to Blackburn Rovers with striker Joe Nuttall coming in the opposite direction – according to The Sun.
The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that talks are at an advanced stage for Bialkowski to join Championship club Millwall on loan, with Lions striker Tom Elliott joining the Blues on loan in exchange.
Elliott, 28, was at Portman Road today to undergo a medical, though him passing that is no formality given he is currently sidelined with a hamstring problem - something he's suffered with in the past.
Sun journalist Alan Nixon has tonight reported that Bialkowski to Blackburn, with Nuttall joining Town, is a 'possible alternative'.
Rovers boss Tony Mowbray is on the look out for a new keeper after David Raya's move to Brentford. He recently signed Christian Walton on loan from Brighton, but needs more competition between the sticks.
Nuttall, 22, came through the academy ranks at Manchester City before starting his professional career at Aberdeen. After failing to make much of an impact in Scotland, the front man signed for Blackburn following a trial in 2017.
Prolific form for Rovers' U23s has seen him given a taste of first team action. He made six starts and 13 substitute appearances as Blackburn were promoted from League One and then three starts and 15 sub outings last season, bagging six goals along the way.
Sam Gallagher's arrival at Blackburn on a permanent deal from Southampton has pushed Nuttall down the pecking order though, Mowbray's attacking options also including Danny Graham, Adam Armstrong, Ben Brereton and Dominic Samuel.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
Speaking after a recent friendly outing, Nuttall said: "My aim this season is for regular football."
League One side Blackpool, now managed by Simon Grayson, are reportedly keen on the Bury-born striker's signature.
Town have already got a deal in place for Bialkowski's replacement, Wolves keeper Will Norris having had a medical at Portman Road today ahead of a season-long loan deal.