Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blades to bid £3m for Woolfenden - so should Town sell?
- Credit: Archant
Premier League Sheffield United are planning a £3 million bid for Ipswich Town defender Luke Woolfenden this month, it has been reported.
The Blades have repeatedly been linked with centre-back Woolfenden, one of Town's stand-out performers this season, with The Sun claiming today that boss Chris Wilder is planning a £10m raid for both him and Anderlecht's Elias Cobbaut.
The report adds that £7m would be the bid for Cobbaut, with £3m being offered to Paul Lambert for his star young defender.
Woolfenden, 21, only broke into Town's first team this season after spending time on loan at Swindon last campaign.
He's made 25 appearances for the Blues, and signed a new three year deal less than a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
- What do you think? Should Town consider selling Woolfenden if £3m is the bid?
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two down in 'season-defining' game as Harrop sees red
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 9 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
- 10 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds