Blow for U’s as Gavin Massey is recalled by Watford
COLCHESTER United suffered a big blow this afternoon with the news that Gavin Massey has been recalled by Watford.
Winger Massey was looking forward to playing at his former club Yeovil on Saturday, and was also hoping to extend his loan spell with the U’s beyond this weekend, into a second month.
But Championship club Watford have decided to recall 19-year-old Massey now, due to an injury to fellow attacker Troy Deeney.
U’s boss John Ward said: “We’ve enjoyed having Gavin (Massey) here at the football club in the past month.
“We have told Watford that, if the injury situation settles down at Watford, we would be pleased to welcome him back in the future.
“Both Sean Dyche (Watford manager) and Gavin were grateful for that opportunity still being there,” added Ward.
Massey made just three appearances for the U’s, over the last month, due to a couple of postponements.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 6 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
He would almost certainly have started against Yeovil, a club whom he spent four months on loan earlier in the season.