Blow for U’s as Gavin Massey is recalled by Watford
COLCHESTER United suffered a big blow this afternoon with the news that Gavin Massey has been recalled by Watford.
Winger Massey was looking forward to playing at his former club Yeovil on Saturday, and was also hoping to extend his loan spell with the U’s beyond this weekend, into a second month.
But Championship club Watford have decided to recall 19-year-old Massey now, due to an injury to fellow attacker Troy Deeney.
U’s boss John Ward said: “We’ve enjoyed having Gavin (Massey) here at the football club in the past month.
“We have told Watford that, if the injury situation settles down at Watford, we would be pleased to welcome him back in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Sean Dyche (Watford manager) and Gavin were grateful for that opportunity still being there,” added Ward.
Massey made just three appearances for the U’s, over the last month, due to a couple of postponements.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
He would almost certainly have started against Yeovil, a club whom he spent four months on loan earlier in the season.