Blues close in on Miller
By Derek DavisIPSWICH Town are ready to pluck centre-half Ian Miller from non-league Bury Town and thrust him into the Championship fray.The Blues are in talks with the Ram Meadow club about signing the 21-year-old Miller who is keen to make the plunge and a deal could be struck with the next couple of days.
By Derek Davis
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town are ready to pluck centre-half Ian Miller from non-league Bury Town and thrust him into the Championship fray.
The Blues are in talks with the Ram Meadow club about signing the 21-year-old Miller who is keen to make the plunge and a deal could be struck with the next couple of days.
You may also want to watch:
Negotiations have been on going for ten days now after Blues boss Jim Magilton decided to try and sign the young central defender who has twice played for Town reserves and impressed in training.
Bury Town chairman Russell Ward last night met with manager Richard Wilkins and the members of the club board to discuss the latest terms and expects to hold further talks with Ipswich Town on Monday.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Ward last night said: “Ipswich Town are interested in signing Ian Miller. Negotiations are still going on but nothing has been agreed as yet.
“Clearly we do not intend standing in Ian's way but at the same time I have to look after Bury Town's interests.”
Miller has been with Bury for the past six years and is contracted to the Ryman League Division One (north) until the end of the season. While the Blues may be reluctant to offer cash up front for the lanky defender, Bury would clearly be looking for some sort of package.
Bury Town face Wisbech in an FA Cup preliminary round today and Miller could be included in the squad as he is already cup-tied after helping them past Brook House.
· Jim Magilton is also keen on former Port Vale winger George O'Callaghan who has impressed while on trial at Portman Road. The 27-year-old is currently contracted to Cork City and was voted the eircom League's player of the year in 2005 after winning a championship medal with the Turners Cross outfit.