Blues eye �9m Wheater
MIDDLESBROUGH will slap a �9million price tag on David Wheater if they are forced into a firesale. (The Sun)Boro are resigned to offloading stars if their relegation is sealed on Sunday - with Tuncay, Robert Huth and Gary O'Neil all set to go.
MIDDLESBROUGH will slap a �9million price tag on David Wheater if they are forced into a firesale. (The Sun)
Boro are resigned to offloading stars if their relegation is sealed on Sunday - with Tuncay, Robert Huth and Gary O'Neil all set to go.
The cash-strapped Teessiders are desperate to hang on to centre-half Wheater, who is on the verge of an England call.
But with Stewart Downing's broken foot set to stall the England winger's �12m exit, Boro need to cash in on their most saleable assets as they fight debts of �90m.
You may also want to watch:
Newly-promoted Birmingham have been monitoring 22-year-old Wheater - who is booked in for surgery on a knee problem.
Boss Alex McLeish revealed: “It's difficult to buy top-end centre-halves. If Middlesbrough go down, then Wheater is someone we have watched.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema