Blues in opening day romp
Ipswich Town 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1THE jellybeans clearly worked for the Blues as they romped to a three goal half-time lead before beating the Owls with a fourth in the second half.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1
THE jellybeans clearly worked for the Blues as they romped to a three goal half-time lead before beating the Owls with a fourth in the second half.
Pablo Counago won a first minute penalty, which Alan Lee converted as Town got off to a flyer.
You may also want to watch:
Lee then set up Gary Roberts who volleyed in an early contender for goal of the season in the 11th minute.
Lee grabbed his second with a 20-yard first time shot after a long ball from Counago and the Spaniard got the goal he deserved on the hour after a low cross from Jon Walters.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
Before the game it was revealed that many of the Town players munched on jellybean during a game to give them energy and hoped it would bring the sweet taste of success.
Leon Clarke got a late consolation from close range after Alex Bruce saved off the line from a Marcus Tudgay header.