Blues land Manchester United defender
MANCHESTER United right-back Danny Simpson has signed for Ipswich Town on loan for the rest of the season.The 21-year-old will also be available for the Blues if the reach the play-offs and goes straight into the squad that faces Scunthorpe United tomorrow.
MANCHESTER United right-back Danny Simpson has signed for Ipswich Town on loan for the rest of the season.
The 21-year-old will also be available for the Blues if the reach the play-offs and goes straight into the squad that faces Scunthorpe United tomorrow.
After loan spells at Royal Antwerp and Sunderland, Simpson made his competitive debut for the Red Devils in a 2-0 loss at Coventry City in the carling Cup at the beginning of this season.
You may also want to watch:
He has also played for Sir Alex Ferguson's side in the Premier League and Champions' League.
Blues boss Jim Magilton is still chasing two other possible loanees, with Fulham's Dejan Stefanovic still a target, and an international striker playing in the Premier League is the other he hopes to capture before next Thursday's 'emergency loan' deadline.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions