Boardley misses last-minute penalty
BARCLAYCARD PREMIER RESERVE LEAGUE (SOUTH)Tottenham Res 1Ipswich Town Res 1By Derek DavisSTUART Boardley hit an opener for Ipswich but then missed a last-minute penalty as Steve McCall's young reserves came away with a 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at Stevenage last night.
BARCLAYCARD PREMIER RESERVE LEAGUE (SOUTH)
Tottenham Res 1
Ipswich Town Res 1
By Derek Davis
You may also want to watch:
STUART Boardley hit an opener for Ipswich but then missed a last-minute penalty as Steve McCall's young reserves came away with a 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at Stevenage last night.
Boardley had given the Blues a first-half lead after a terrific finish, but Town were then pegged back by a harshly-awarded penalty converted by Rohan Ricketts just before half-time.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
Town striker Alun Armstrong had a goal disallowed in the second half and Town were given a late spot-kick after a foul on Craig Reid in the penalty area, but Boardley hit the shot over the bar.
McCall said: "Overall the lads did very well.
"It was probably a fair result but you can't help feeling anything but hard done by when you could have won it with a last-minute penalty.
"Nabil Abidallah and Ian Westlake in midfield did particularly well.
"But I was very pleased with everyone against a good Spurs side who put us under pressure for periods of the game."
Ipswich Town Res: Pullen, Mitchell, Chaffey, Bloomfield, Collins, Hogg, Abidallah, Westlake, Armstrong, Bowditch and Boardley. Subs: Flack, Peat, Nash, Atay and Reid.