Bob Coleman round-up and quarter-final draw
After a number of entertaining ties in Round 4 of the Bob Coleman Cup on Saturday, the draw for the quarter-final stage has brought up some more interesting fixtures.
Crane Sports, holders of the competition, will travel to fellow SIL Senior Division side Coplestonians should they beat East Bergholt United this coming Saturday in a Round Four tie that is behind on schedule.
With proceedings now into the final eight, there are four teams from the Senior Division and four from Division One who are now fighting it out to win the highly-regarded competition.
Henley Athletic, who look bound to get promoted to the SIL’s top league next season, upset the odds to beat Senior side Stanton by four goals to one on Saturday.
And they’ve now been drawn against fellow Division One outfit Ipswich Exiles, who themselves turned in a brilliant performance to beat Bamford United 3-2 after extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
Framlingham Town, fifth-place in the SIL’s second tier, also provided a cupset at the weekend with an excellent 3-2 win over last year’s runners-up Melton St Audrys and will get a chance of another giantkilling in the quarter-finals with a home tie against Ipswich Valley Rangers.
AFC Crowley were the weekend’s biggest victors as they thrashed Trimley Red Devils 5-1 but have been drawn a tough last-eight tie against a Grundisburgh side who are having quite a season.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
Mickey Squirrell’s men are closing the gap on current Senior league-leaders Achilles all the time and are also in the semi-finals of the Suffolk FA Senior Cup.
All quarter-final ties are set to be played on February 15.